From THE DEVIL AND PRESTON BLACK:
...when a local cop showed up he asked Stu, "What are you hanging around here for?" and Stu said, quoting Johnny Cash, "For whatever's about to go down, that's what for."
Country Style, USA is a series of 15-minute radio and film programs produced by the US Army as a recruiting aid from 1957 to 1960 featuring top American country music artists. Each year 13 episides were produced in Nashville, Tennessee and distributed to local radio and TV stations.
Johnny Cash and the original Tennessee Two, Luther Perkins and Marshall Grant.
These are vintage radio broadcast transcription discs (at times you can “hear” the vinyl which adds flavor). The sound quality is amazing.
Country Style USA is from 1958, Guest Star is from 1959.
Download the show at SUGARMEGS.
1) Country Style USA Intro
2) Hey Porter
3) I Walk The Line
4) “Join The Reserve For Youth Training Program” spot
5) Rock Island Line (Johnny says they haven’t recorded it yet)
6) So Doggone Lonesome
7) Country Style USA Outro
8) Country Style USA Intro
9) Folsom Prison Blues
10) Cry Cry Cry
11) “Reserve For Youth Training Program” spot
12) I Was There When It Happened
13) Get Rhythm (“Our latest release on Sun”)
14) Country Style USA Outro
15) Guest Star Intro
16) Country Boy
17) Chat w/ Johnny
18) Don’t Take Your Guns To Town
19) Johnny Cash “Buy Savings Bonds” spot
20) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
21) Guest Star Outro